Module Leader: Mrs Helen Taylor
Assessment Type: Written project 2000 words and a multiple choice test lasting 20 minutes
The aim of this module is to provide the student with selected knowledge and understanding of Food Packaging which is used and adapted by the majority of food manufacturers supplying retailers.
1. A thorough understanding of packaging materials
2. Demonstrate an understanding of processing materials and their application
3. Appraise the packaging needs of the product to ensure ‘function and fit’
4. Drivers to packaging selection to include legislation, environment, suppliers and customers
5. Examine the hazards associated with packaging in the supply chain